Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Once our crew finishes the inspection and damage assessment, they begin to extract the water. During this step a majority of the water is removed from your home or business. Our team uses powerful, specialized pumps and truck-mounted vacuums to complete this step. The pumps and vacuums quickly remove hundreds or even thousands of gallons of water from your property. This allows SERVPRO of Lexington-Bedford to be able to cater to any size disaster. It is very important to have the water extracted as soon as possible. If the water is not removed efficiently and accurately, it can leave the opportunity for mold to grow.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Lexington-Bedford can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.