Recent General Posts
The SERVPRO Process
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are trained to safely clean and restore your home or business after it's faced a loss
Below are the steps that we take for Cleaning and Restoring Your Home or Business in regards to a water loss:
- Identify the Source/ Type of Water
- Measure Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
- Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises for Hidden Moisture
- Perform Emergency Water Extraction
- Move and Block furniture and Contents
- Inspect Carpet Pad/Carpet and Provide Service
- Apply Necessary Treatments (Disinfectants/Deodorization)
- Utilize Advanced Drying and Monitoring Equipment
- Dispose of Refuse
All of our technicians are IICRC certified and have extensive knowledge about our services and equipment. Even if we can’t do the job we will help in finding a service who can handle it.
Build An Emergency Kit
September's big focus has been Emergency Preparedness.
If a disaster strikes, will you be ready? Being prepared before a disaster strikes is important and one way to do that is to have an emergency kit. Emergencies can happen anytime to anyone. Take action now to protect yourself and your property. Some things that SERVPRO recommends are listed below:
- Water, one gallon per person per day
- Food, non-perishable 3-day supply
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably an NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust masks or bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities, if necessary
- Important documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account of information
- Local maps
- Hygiene items
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
Lisa's Recipe For The Perfect Chili
Office Administrator, Lisa Daiute grew up eating this savory Chili made by her favorite uncle David. Throughout the years she has continued this delicious tradition in her own home, making it for her roommates and family.
The Perfect Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup masa harina (corn flour, found in the Mexican food section of many supermarkets)
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded Cheddar, for serving
- Chopped onions, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
Place the ground beef in a large pot and throw in the garlic. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain off the excess fat, and then pour in the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne. Stir together well, cover, and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If the mixture becomes overly dry, add 1/2 cup water at a time as needed.
After an hour, place the masa harina in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup water and stir together with a fork. Dump the masa mixture into the chili. Stir together well, and then taste and adjust the seasonings. Add more masa paste and /or water to get the chili to your preferred consistency, or to add more corn flavor. Add the beans and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with shredded Cheddar, chopped onions, tortilla chips and lime wedges.
SERVPRO® of Lexington-Bedford will be hosting a Lexington vs. Bedford softball game on Saturday, July 23, 2016
Flyer for the event.
SERVPRO® of Lexington-Bedford will be hosting a Lexington vs. Bedford softball game on Saturday, July 23, 2016 to benefit local food pantries. We are looking for sponsors and players.
We will be playing at the Springs Brook Park, 181 Springs Rd., Bedford, Mass. Warm-ups will begin at 9:00 am and then the game starts at 10:00 am. All players are asked to bring a glove and a non-perishable food item that we will donate to a local food pantry.
Each player will receive a t-shirt, and SERVPRO® will serve hot dogs and chips after the game. Players are encouraged to bring their families and enjoy the picnic!
In addition to bragging rights, a trophy will be awarded to the Chamber of Commerce in the winning community.
If you would like to play, please contact Maria Aguirre at 781-861-0500 for more information.
We are also looking for sponsors for the game. Sponsorships cost $50. Sponsors logos will be printed on the players’ t-shirts, and sponsors are welcome to bring a tent and pass out marketing materials at the game.
If you would like to be a sponsor, please make your check payable to Maria Aguirre and mail it to 50 Sun St. Ste. 1, Waltham, Mass. 02453. We must receive payment by July 15, 2016 to include your logo on the t-shirts.
Please Join Us
The SERVPRO® of Lexington-Bedford franchise has hosted a Lexington vs. Bedford game the past two years that has been a lot of fun. Lexington won the first year, and last year was Bedford’s turn to dominate. Now that we are also the SERVPRO® of Waltham/Weston/Watertown/Wayland franchise, we are looking forward to establishing a rivalry between Waltham and Watertown as well.
If you have any questions about playing or sponsoring the game, please call 781-861-0500 and speak to Maria. Click here ==> Softball List to be added to our email list and receive updates.
SERVPRO of Lexington/Bedford Moves to Waltham
Garage space at SERVPRO's new location.
SERVPRO of Lexington/Bedford has been serving Massachussets for over 30 years and has recently purchased the SERVPRO of Waltham/Weston/Watertown/Wayland franchise. The office location will be moved to 50A Sun Street in Waltham, MA on February 1, 2015! The office is located close to the downtown area of Waltham and is over 10,000 square feet. An open house will be planed for the Summer of 2015.