Tips for Mold in Your Home
Again, mold is EVERYWHERE! But here are some tips to help you rid of unnecessary mold.
- Fix water problems! Without moisture, mold cannot grow so don't feed it. If you see water damage get it fixed immediately!
- Keep the materials dry - stay aware by using your sense of smell also
- Control the humidity by keeping levels below 60%
- Ventilate "wet" rooms such as bathrooms and kitchens
- Change filters for your air condition or dehumidifier
- Toss moldy items - while some material can be saved they usually are not worth it. Keeping these items around can affect other items as well as make the air quality poorer
- Limit houseplants or refrain from over-watering them
- If the mold is visible remediate mold. Give us a call at 781.861.0500 to get a free estimate for your mold remediation. Our SERVPRO technicians are certified to remove mold from residential and commercial properties whether it be an attic, basement, bathroom or even crawlspace!